Junior Project Manager
Our client is a fast-growing Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering organization with Head Office located in the National Capital Region and with a team distributed throughout Canada. Our client’s business was built on the vision of a team ready and eager to take on new challenges, be adaptive and do what it takes to deliver results for our clients.
WE BELIEVE THAT OUR SUCCESS COMES FROM OUR CORE VALUES:
- Act with Integrity
- Adapt to Succeed
- Make Each Other Better
- Focus on Solutions
- Get it Done
- Improve our Community
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Opportunities to make real change, working with a passionate team at a growing company
- Competitive salaries
- Health and Group Benefits
- Support for tuition and certifications to aid your professional development
We are growing our team and looking for our future teammates. If this sounds like your kind of company, then we want to hear from you.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position do not hesitate to contact AMS Inc. We request that you submit your application as follows:
Submit resumes to email@example.com
”Junior Project Manager” in the subject line
Job Description & Details
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Junior Project Manager oversees the engineering/design team for one or multiple small-scale projects. They are responsible for initial schedule development and budget estimates for multi discipline projects to include; Structural, Piping, Electrical, and Outfitting. The Junior Project Manager will be involved at all stages of the project lifecycle, with most effort going to planning, monitoring, analysis, and plan mitigation across multiple projects to help ensure our projects always have the best chance of success. They will work closely with team members, the client and, 3rd party professionals, if required to ensure project budgets and schedules are maintained.
The Junior Project Manager role is accountable for us always having an effective and up to date plan for our project, with a particular focus on project schedules and budgets. This is a full-time collaborative position with the potential for visits to client/project sites.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, trustworthy, and competent in organization, prioritizing and working with minimal supervision.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Developing Project Plans
The Junior Project Manager analyzes project data and develops Project Plans, including:
- WBS/ CBS
- Project Schedule
- Resource Plan
- Project Cost Estimate
- Project Budget
- Cost/Schedule Contingency Plan
Develop and Refine Processes
- Advise and participate in the development and improvement of processes to keep projects on track.
Manage information in tracking tools
- The Junior Project Manager is a key SME of our task and project management tools
- They are responsible for monitoring and maintaining the accuracy and report ability of data within these tools, including ensuring tasks are in the correct state
- This includes ensuring the tools receive inputs, support flows, and provides the outputs expected and require to support all project management activities
- Proactively monitor the state of projects, phases, tasks, and activities
- Proactively identify, action and communicate risks and issues with the project plan, and update the project plan to always ensure the highest chance of project success
Reports and Dashboards
- Create, maintain, continuously improve project reports and dashboards for a variety of stakeholders an stakeholder levels
- Develop and maintain performance measures, principally related to project budget, schedule and quality.
- Example Reports & Dashboards
- Project Cost and Schedule status and performance
- Project Cost and Schedule forecasts
- Project Cost and Schedule issues/ concerns/ recovery plans
- Feed information to and support the maintenance of portfolio-level reports and dashboards
- Dashboards for: Technical Leads, Project Managers, Quality Lead, Director of Operations, and Leadership
Advise and Recommend
- Identify and raise issues and risks based on current and extrapolated project state and performance.
- Act as an advisor, who provides recommendations to the project management and advise the team on different strategies and recovery plans to bring the project’s cost & schedule back on track.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a relevant domain, or significant experience in lieu
- Minimum of two (2) years of prior experience in a Project Planner, Project Controller, Project Manager or similar role (however, we will also consider more junior applicants with the right skills and core values fit)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and office management software packages
- Strong skills with Microsoft Project (Primavera P6 considered an alternative)
- Strong time management skills
- Strong organizational skills to maintain schedules and budgets and track the progress of multiple projects
- Familiarity with project management procedures and best practices
- Ability to work under pressure, set and meet deadlines for project completion; flexible, resourceful and efficient
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Problem-solving skills as you are continually assessing project progression.
- Must be able to work within a team environment to support project completion
- Experience in Marine industry or oil and gas is considered a strong asset
- Eligibility for enrollment into Controlled Goods Program and achieve Canadian Secret Security Status (Secret or above)